The Associate in Applied Science in Computer Science Technology at the University of the District of Columbia Community College (UDC-CC) focuses on programming languages. This 2-years associate’s degrees prepare graduates to work directly in the field of computer programming and/or to transfer to a related 4-year degree program. Student is trained in the logic of problem solving, and at the completion of the program is equipped to write computer programs in modern languages such as C++ and Java. Graduates of this program may go on to pursue certification in C++ or Java languages.
On completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply logical skills and mathematical knowledge to analyze the problem, develop, and implement the general solution (algorithm) to the problems in computer science discipline.
- Articulate oral and written skills necessary to communicate technical information to those outside of computing field.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional, ethical, and legal issues as they relate to computer science technology.
- Identify, formulate, and solve problems related to software engineering.
- Illustrate knowledge of contemporary and emerging issues in computer science technology.
- Utilize the techniques, skills, and modern tools of the technical profession.
- Recognize the importance and the need to identify problem specifications and requirements from the customers.
- Develop, test, and verify software solutions using different design methodologies and programming languages.
View Program of Study »
To explore career possibilities and employment trends please click on the link. >> http://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/computer-support-specialists.htm