The Academic Center for Excellent Students (A.C.E.S.) is geared towards helping students excel academically. The center is designed to provide educational services to UDC-CC students. Although the main function of ACES is to provide face-to-face tutoring, we offer other resources such as computers for academic and school-related use, and academic workshops. ACES provides a safe, distraction-free learning environment for all UDC-CC students.
Visit ACES, where we are committed to your success!
For more information, contact Hakeem Kasimu-Graham, Tutor Coordinator, 202-274-6721, email@example.com, 801 N. Capitol St. NE, room 209
Frequently Asked Questions
Refer to our Tutoring FAQ page for the most common questions and answers.
Hours and Location of Tutoring
Tutoring is available by appointment only at 801 N. Capitol St. NE, Room 712
View the current tutoring schedule to see what subjects are available and the tutors available for each subject.
Schedule Your Tutoring Session
- Log-in to your GradesFirst account at http://app.gradesfirst.com.
- On the right-hand side you will see a link to "Schedule an Appointment." Click on it.
- On the next page, click on the drop down menu under type and select "Tutoring Appointment"
- On the right hand side, a list of tutors will generate. Click next to the name of the tutor you would like to schedule an appointment for.
- Once you select a tutor, their availability will show up. Click on the checkbox next to the time you would like to meet with the tutor.
- Scroll to the bottom and click "Save." The appointment has been made. Go to room 712 at the time of your appointment.
Interested in Becoming a Tutor?
View the Job Description and submit an employment application packet.
Request Additional Tutoring Subjects
If you would like tutoring in a subject not currently available, you can send us your request online.
Student Success Center at the community college offers various Academic Workshops to provide tips on how to be an excellent student. We understand that UDC-CC students have varying schedules that may not allow them to attend these workshops in person. Therefore, we make the workshops available to you to download.
View the Academic Workshop page for downloads and more information.