The CARE Dual Enrollment Program at UDC-Community College
The UDC Community College CARE Dual Enrollment Program is a special undergraduate program that provides pre-college students with the opportunity to earn college credits early, at no cost to students. Our students prepare for college by experiencing it firsthand!
- Earn credits toward college graduation
- Collaborate with college peers
- Communicate effectively with college faculty
- Use this experience to plan for college and career
- Must be enrolled in a DC public or DC public charter schools that partners with the UDC-CC CARE Program
- Must be enrolled in high school (9th-12th grade) or a GED program
- Must place into college-level courses on the ACCUPLACER college placement exam
- ONLINE APPLICATION: Students must submit an online application for the UDC-CC CARE Dual Enrollment Program at http://www.udc.edu/admit/apply_now. Students can contact their high school counselor or the UDC-CC CARE Program office for specific questions about the application and for an application fee waiver. Note: We are unable to accept late applications.
- TRANSCRIPT: Students must send their most recent high school or school transcript to the CARE Program office by the application deadline date. A student's counselor may also submit the transcript on a student's behalf. All transcripts must be received by the application deadline for the applicant to be considered. Note: The mailing address listed on the online application should match the student's mailing address on the student's school transcript. Transcripts must contain a student's mailing address to be considered. *The CARE Program currently serves DC residents only.*
- ACCUPLACER EXAM: Students must take the ACCUPLACER college placement exam by the application deadline for the applicant to be considered. The ACCUPLACER exam helps determine a student's specific course options (i.e. whether or not he/she can take a college-level Math, Science, English, or other course). Students do not need to submit their ACCUPLACER exam scores to the CARE Program office.
Where can a student take the ACCUPLACER exam for the CARE Program?
- Exams are offered several times a year at UDC-CC for CARE Program applicants. Contact the CARE Program office to learn about upcoming exam sessions.
- A student's school may also offer ACCUPLACER exam sessions for CARE Program applicants. Contact the school counselor, school's college and career center (if available), or the CARE Program office for more details.
Note: We highly recommend that students prepare for the ACCUPLACER exam before taking it by reviewing sample questions and other resources at: https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/students.
To Learn More:
If you are a student or parent/guardian interested in learning more, or a school interested in discussing a potential partnership with UDC-CC CARE, please contact: Info@collegereadydc.org.
CARE Program Staff:
Robyn Ellis, Director of College Readiness and Community Outreach, Robyn.firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.274.5123
Nicole Savage, Program Coordinator for College Readiness, Partnerships, and Volunteers, Nicole.email@example.com or 202.274.7088